Oh yes it is... Oh no it isn't...!

Last night I went to see Stephen Fry's version of Cinderella at The Old Vic. The theatre is lovely, and even though we were 3 rows from the back, you could see the stage fine as it's fairly small. I'd been there before to see The Car Man (modern version of Carmen) but I couldn't remember what it was like. The boxes looked really good and if I go again to see something I think I may try seats in the circle as the view looked better than the stalls. I don't remember there being THAT MUCH innuendo in panto but if there is, this one had a LOT. The gags were funny, although I suspect a few went over even my head being a Stephen Fry script and possibly aimed at a slightly older audience than even me, and the stage design was amazing. They were very innovative with the set and it all looked very sparkly and suitably fairytale-like! The cast was good too, with Pauline Collins as the (very cockney) fairy godmother, Joseph Millson (of Peak Practice fame) and Debbie Chazen from Titty Titty Bang Bang as the wicked stepmother.

Well, thank god it's finally Friday... this week at work has been TOUGH to say the least... but the weekend is nearly here so just today to grit my teeth and get through. I'm still hoping to go to London Zoo this weekend, although it's CHUCKING down with rain today so may not be the best weather to go and photography giraffes and gorillas in!

Comments

Popular Posts