An ambulance and banana cake

Well, what an eventful weekend I've had! Friday night I kept smelly company on his call outs, Saturday we went to dim sum in Chinatown at Gerrard's corner and then walked around Oxford Street. We never made it to the Shell Wildlife photographer of the year exhibition as smelly was too tired by then. We went back to his and watched Strictly come dancing and then TRIED to get back to my house... what a mission THAT was! We jumped in the van and started driving but I spotted a guy slumped on the grass verge by the road on Putney Common so I told smelly to go back and we went to see if he was ok. He had a big gash on his head and blood all over him and I thought he'd been hit by a car, but I think he'd just had too much to drink and bumped his head. We had to call an ambulance, wait for them to get there, give our details to the police, then set off again... then we had to try about 3 or 4 different petrol stations as they were all out of diesel... then I realised I'd left my train ticket at smelly's so we'd have to go back to his Sunday night anyway! Finally got home around half 1 in the morning!

Today we went to Wing Yip and bought some buns for breakfast, then went for a stroll down West Wickham high street and I bought some bits and bobs for making cakes. I made 2 banana loaf cakes. I doubled the recipe and the mixture looked a bit too thick and dry once I'd added all the flour so I think the cakes may be a bit heavy, but we'll see. Going to take one to smelly's house and take some to work.

Comments

Popular Posts