I'm here to kill your monsta!

I've had such a nice weekend... Friday I went to see Beowulf which was ok. Pity we saw it at Purley Way in Croydon and it was full of scabby little brats who talked on their mobiles through the whole thing and got up about 100 times! Plus boyf was far too annoying drooling over an animated version of Angelia Jolie... grrrr.... and Beowulf had a weird east London accent because Ray Winston did his voice and every time he said "I'm here to kill your monster" it came out like "I'm here to kill your monstaa"...

I did nothing today at all, was soooo nice. Yesterday I went out for yum cha at Wing Yip... and that's ALL I've done ALL weekend! Apart from the ginger cake I baked which burnt to the crisp because the recipe said bake for 1 hour when 30 mins would have been sufficient! Watched Donnie Darko too on Saturday night which I've never seen before. Started thinking about what to make at Christmas as I've been put in charge of desserts... SO... here's my ideas so far...

  • Gingerbread (preferably gingerbread house!)
  • Poached pears (found this recipe by Heston Blumenthal which I'm sure will be amazing!)
  • Microwave steam pudding (this recipe is self saucing!)
  • Panattone
  • Mince pies
  • Tiramisu
  • Treacle puddings (again Heston Blumental recipe)
Also been watching more Jeff Dunham clips on you tube... I've found a character I love even more than Ahkmed the dead terrorist! Peanut!




Comments

Anonymous said…
All those desserts sound yummy. I'd probably go for the Tiramisu or the Treacle Puddings! Or something with really festive flavours like orange and cranberry. I need to start thinking about what I'm going to make for Christmas dessert.

Popular Posts