American Gangster

Argh! I hate free newspaper people! Every morning I come out of the tube it's like an assault course to get down the road... you get accosted by people handing out the Metro, then there's the guys handing out the Shortlist paper, and now The Sun in their infinite wisdom have decided to follow suit and have a guy standing with his trolly shoving THAT in your face and asking 20p for it! ARGGHHHHH.... they should all be shot! And then on the way home you go through the whole thing again backwards!

Last night I went to see American gangster. It's a true story about a gangster's driver who takes his place when he dies and makes a name for himself distributing heroin straight from the source in Vietnam. It's set in the 70's and Denzel Washington plays the gangster and Russell Crowe is the honest cop that catches him. Was really good and I didn't even notice I'd been sitting there for 2 hours 40 mins other than my butt went to sleep. Amazing how 3/4 of the narcotics police were on the take.

I also decided to have a look at ALL the films I've watched so far this year (well, since March). Not as many as I thought!
Saturday I think I shall finish off my Christmas shopping. I'm also going to see the Shell wildlife photographer of the year exhibition in The Natural History Museum. Can't wait! Going to make me want to buy that Nikon D40x even more!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts