Yes! She ate some chocolate!

Before I had kids, I never thought the words "success! She ate a whole chocolate button!" would be a phrase if be exclaiming.... but there you go. Parenting is never what you expect. It's a long hard uphill struggle trying to get munchkin to take to solids. 10 months of milk and food aversion is difficult to retrain, and were still only having minimal success with baby rice and mango purée. So today when she ate a broccoli floret (or should I say the top and not the stalk...) and a dairy free chocolate button (not together obviously, that would be gross!) I was ecstatic! Most parents would discourage their kids from eating sweets but I'm just over joyed she swallowed something that wasn't baby rice! Ok so I had to break it up into bits and feed it to her off my finger while she played, but it went down. That, to me, is a major triumph! Hooray! 

Now we'll see if they were a fluke. Little miss fickle may decide she doesn't like it after all tomorrow...

Comments

Popular Posts