Nightmare journey home!!!!!!

Ok, I love the snow, but it can be a royal PAIN IN THE ASS!

I left work at 4:30pm today as the snow started chucking down, thinking I'd get a head start before the London transport totally buggered up... and finally got home at 8:40pm!! I managed to get a train from Blackfriars station to Beckenham Junction as my train to Bromley South was cancelled due to the bad weather conditions... then waited for ages for a bus to Bromley South. After waiting for an hour in the pouring rain (yes, it had stopped snowing and started raining, and there was no room under the bus shelter so I just got soaked standing there with my hood up), and seeing the traffic wasn't moving AT ALL, I decided to start walking....

3 hours later I FINALLY got home, rather achey and very very verrrrrrry cold... couldn't feel any extremity at all... and not once on my 3 hour trek did a single bus pass me, so walking was genuinely the quickest way home. Unbelievable... I saw so many people standing at every bus stop on my 5 mile slog home and felt like shouting at them "there's no point waiting... I've walked from Beckenham and not seen a bus yet!" but figured they'd think I'm crazy... plus my lips were practically frozen shut... it's now 9:20pm and my skin is still burning because it hasn't thawed yet... oww...

BUT as I am ever the optimist... the bright side is... I got a 3 hour work out... definitely burnt off the chocolates and biscuits I ate today at work, and even though I walked for 3 hours on sheet ice, I didn't fall over once! Result! That is GOOD going for me!! heh heh... I reckon my core muscles got a damn good work out today!!

Comments

Leo said…
Whoa! That's so unlucky, but these are the times you remember!

After all, if you just had a plain boring journey home, you wouldn't be able to blog about it! ;)

Merry Christmas

Leo

Popular Posts