Highlights of Hong Kong in pictures

Well, I'm off home tomorrow so while I have some time to spare, I thought I'd share some of the highlights of my trip to Hong Kong. Naturally, the best bit has been the FOOD! I now understand why every time I go out to dinner with my boyfriend, he complains "In Hong Kong, this is soooo much better..."

Beef tendon noodle soup

Aside from putting on way too much weight, I've visited some really great places too. Chi Lin temple was amazing, with beautifully topiary (the trees all resembled large bonsais), intricate wooden carved buildings and a relaxing smell of tea in the air.

Chi Lin monastary


I also got to go and see the big buddha in Lantau which I missed last time round. The climb up the 100 steps wasn't nearly as tiring as I was expecting (me and stairs don't mix well) and the buddha itself was pretty awe inpiring, although I preferred the smaller goddesses around buddha's feet.

Godess in Lantau

Hong Kong at night is pretty amazing, like Piccadilly Circus but on a much much larger scale, always busy, bustling, bright and vibrant. The neon signs above all the shops made a million different photo opportunities.

Hong Kong nightscape

Hong Kong streets at night HDR

I really like Hong Kong, although it's not as cheap as it used to be with the pound getting weaker, but I love the fashion and style sense of HK people... a mix of hip hop, Japanese fashion and UK style. Think I may have to reassess my wardrobe when I'm back home!

Soooo not looking forward to going home and going back to work. It feels like I've been away for months. Where does the time go?! Me thinks it's diet time next week... better make the most of the food today and tomorrow!!! heh heh...

Comments

Popular Posts