Widgets and apps galore for Nokia 5800

A friend was asking me what applications and themes I'd downloaded for my spangly new phone the other day, and asked me to send him some links. Got me thinking, why not just share the love and post them up for the world to use? So, here's a list of all the cool bits and bobs I've discovered for the Nokia 5800 for you lovely people to use. Enjoy!

(I'll update this post as and when I stumble across new toys on the web!)

Firstly, let's go with good old Google. You can download google maps with latitude meaning you are locatable on the map at any time thanks to your built in GPS on your phone. You can of course opt out if you don't fancy having big brother staring over your shoulder all the time. Download it here, along with the google mail application.

Fonefood is an application from lastminute.com, providing you with a neat little way to search for restaurants on your mobile, look for deals and book. Click here to get it and get out eating!

Snaptu - I downloaded this one randomly and now use it a lot. It basically gives you a iphone looking interface access to Twitter, Facebook, an RSS reader (which is very smooth and slick, although you have to manually add in RSS feed urls which is annoying), movie times, tube travel statuses, football scores, weather and Picasa web albums. I love it! Click here to have a look.

For addicted twitterers, there's a neat little app called Stew which allows you to twitter  way to your heart's content and read what your friends are saying (but personally, I use the Snaptu twitter app more). Click here to get it.

There's a good resource of themes here for those of you who hate the standard red and black wallpapre that comes with the Nokia 5800. It's the first thing I changed on my phone when I got it.... naturally to a PINK theme! You will need to register with the forums to download anything though.

You can also have a look at apps in testing at the Nokia beta labs website.

  1. Cricket info widget
  2. easy reject 
  3. my ringtone
Get them here

1. Google Maps
2. PhoneTorch
3. Sports Tracker
4. Opera Mini web browser
5. Quickoffice
6. AccuWeather
7. Paint Pad
8. Files on Ovi
9. Wireless keyboard
10. PhotoFlow Image Album
11. France 24 Mobile
12. BBC iPlayer
13. JoikuSpot Light
14. MDictionary
15. Fring
16. Solitaire
17. Qik
18. Mobbler
19. Y-Browser
20. ScreenSnap
All here

Comments

Akhilesh Jain said…
Best resource for your nokia 5800

www.tube5800.com

check it out

Popular Posts