Watchmen

Not sure if it was all the hype the film couldn't live up to, or whether the story line wasjust generally weak... I'm sure the fits of giggles in the theatre didn't help every time Doctor Manhattan came on screen without his underwear on (not sure if this was a symptom of watching it in Hong Kong or if audiences in London would snigger at a big blue willy too... I'm pretty sure Hong Kong is more conservative. The sex scene was definitely edited. You could tell from the 80's music chopping and jumping where they'd cut out scenes) but it just wasn't as good as I was hoping. I was mentally checking my watch throughout the last hour. There were bits that made me laugh, I just don't think they were meant to. Graphically it was good, but even for a super hero film, it just kind of sat middle of the road, too 'real' to make it entertaining enough, and too cartoonish to be gritty... perhaps the film needed to get off the fence and decide which camp it was going to sit in, because it didn't really fit in any.

My favourite thing about the film? The sound track...

Comments

Popular Posts