Phone woes...

I think I have to be the most unlucky person EVER when it comes to mobile phones. Never ever again will I sign up to an 18 month contract. My Sony Ericsson K800i, my baby, decided to go into a huff and give me the silent treatment a few months ago. The speaker broke. No good when you can't hear anything anyone says when they call you, kind of defeats the object of having a phone. So, I grudgingly forked out £100 for a second hand Sony Ericsson K850i as I still had a year left before I could upgrade and the K800i wasn't under warranty anymore. I then idiotically had to spend another £10 getting the damn thing unlocked, and £20 getting it debranded (which I probably could have done myself and tried but freaked out at the prospect of spending so much on a phone and then totally rendering it useless by corrupting the software).

All was well, until a couple days ago. The dumbass thing is broken! First the number 9 key decided it didn't want to play ball anymore and no amount of banging and pressing the button til my fingers bled had any effect. All my text messages and conversations on msn are now noticbly lacking the letters w, x, y and z... highly frustrating but improving my vocabulary greatly as I now have to think of alternative words for anything using said letters of the alphabet... I am now a walking thesaurus.

Then this morning, I was happily snoozing away, when my phone went off with a text message. I picked my phone up in my sleep befuddled state to read it, and saw 'charging error' on the screen... great. Now the stupid thing isn't charging properly. I read the message, then check the clock to see if I can sleep for any longer... and realise that I have slept plenty already as it's 8:50am and I should have left for work already!! My alarm didn't go off! So I started the day totally flustered, running around my bedroom trying to get ready, my idiotic mobile deciding to finally play that irritating happy tune to wake me up at 9am, 45 minutes late...

So I need a new phone. But I don't want to have to fork out yet ANOTHER £100 on ANOTHER handset... anyone fancy buying me one for my Christmas and birthday present? No? Anyone? Oh well... guess I'm sticking to using "uh huh" instead of "yeah" on msn til May then... and better venture out to the shops to buy myself an alarm clock...

Sometimes I hate technology....

Comments

Anonymous said…
You might think I'm crazy when I say this, but I've never owned a cell phone in my life. Nor a pager. My older sister was always the one upgrading with those gadgets, but I strayed away from it. It's funny, because I remember at one point I didn't even know how to dial a number through a cell phone. :P I've found creative ways to stay in touch with people, thus the Internet is my biggest asset for networking or staying in touch. I use my house phone when necessary. :)

Well, good luck on figuring out this situation. Happy Holidays to you Sweetpea!

Mahalo nui loa,
Jason Tom
Sweetpea said…
No way! That's mad... I am a total slave to my mobile phone. It's my alarm clock, my mp3 player, I use it for texting, calls, instant messaging, email, updating facebook, twittering, surfing the web, finding my way around London (thanks to the google maps app I downloaded) and I even blog from my phone... so, you can see why I get so annoyed when it BREAKS!! grr...

Popular Posts