What a weekend!

Well, I feel like I've had a week off work. I think I crammed as much as possible into 3 days it's ridiculous. Chris Rock was excellent, if a bit sexist, racist etc etc but funny with it. He was on for a lot longer than I expected so you definitely got your money's worth. The guys sitting behind me were making me laugh more than the comedian though, as every sexist joke was punctuated with "it's true, it's so true!". The crush coming out of the arena was crazy though, but I braved being trampled and got down to the tube ok.

Saturday I went into town to get my fancy dress outfit for my friend's 30th, only to find the shop closed, so ended up going for a coffee and then wandered off to Camden, only to realise it was almost 6 and all the shops there were shutting too! Needless to say, I didn't get the outfit, but I think I have a fair idea of what I want to get... watch this space!

Saturday night was Hed Kandi night, which turned out to be a late starter as everyone was.. er.. late! The music was actually pretty good though and the crowd was so much more friendlier than the usual R'N'B club. Got hit on a couple of times but it was all very friendly "can I take you out for coffee/dinner some time?" rather than the usual grind up behind you, pummel the small of your back with their crotch, try to grope you and THEN ask for your number approach guys in the clubs I usually go to seem to take.

Sunday was a lazy day as I was so tired from the night before. Me and my cousin were supposed to go to Cha Cha Moon for lunch but it was closed so we ended up in Kintaro where I had a yummy bowl of bi bim bap and a spicy tuna hand roll. We went for a coffee and biccie in Costa Coffee after as we hadn't finished our gossiping (and I needed it as I was so tired still).

Today involved MORE late starts and eating, as I went for dim sum and bubble tea in China Town. The my weekend was finished off early with a power cut which meant no TV, no internet, no lights and no hot water. Still had a positive side though as it forced me to pick up the book I'd been reading before I moved, The book thief, and read a few chapters by torch light!

All in all a jam packed but fun weekend I think! Just looking forward to the next one now! Good thing I got paid today as being a busy bee costs a lot of pretty pennies I can tell you!

Comments

Popular Posts