Project 365

As you know, I contribute to Orb's Nikon D40 and D40x photography blog, and I was looking at the recent posts yesterday and saw this one on an anonymous man who took a polaroid photo every day for 18 years. You can view the website of all of his polaroids here but the actual blog post Orb's blog links to gives a much more in-depth account of who he was and what story his photos told, and it inspired me to do something similar.

There is a group on Flickr called Project 365, where people take a photo a day for a year and post it up. One of my favourite photographers on Flickr, Daifuku Sensei, has a great example of a set of Project 365 photos which you can find here.

So, I think I am going to make an effort to do exactly that. You all know I'm obsessed with taking photos with my Nikon D40x, but I reasoned that carrying round a heavy digital SLR is not exactly likely nor practical, so I think I will be using the camera on my mobile phone instead as it's something I have on me 24 hours a day. Can't wait to get started! How cool would it be to have a photo of Chris Rock to start off my project!! haha

Comments

Popular Posts