Red green or amber?

So, over the weekend I went to a traffic light party... for those of you who don't know what that is, or have a twisted opinion of what that is (like my colleagues at work who thought green meant 'you're up for it'!), it's a party where you wear a coloured glow stick relating to your availability. Red means you're in a relationship, amber you're casually seeing someone, green you are single and available!

Now, I'm not sure what other traffic light parties are like as this was my first, but I'm thinking the Chinese crowd may not be suited to this kind of party. I'm sure if it was more of a mixed crowd the guys would have been sharking the girls with green bands straight off, but as the Chinese crowd are slightly more reserved (or are they?!) there was a lot more admiring (or perving!) from afar and not much actual chatting up going on. I'm sure it didn't help that pretty much ALL the girls had green bands on regardless as the guy handing them out on the door was giving them to anyone who was the opposite sex! The girls also all got balloons which we were supposed to hand to a guy we liked. Needless to say, that never happened! I think I lefyt my balloon floating around the ceiling within the first 5 minutes of getting in there! Still, it was fun, especially with my new found singleness and I caught up with a lot of friends I hadn't seen in ages, plus saw a few unexpected faces (and exes... problem with dating from the British Born Chinese crowd too much!).

Anyway, lots more parties coming up to enjoy... like Hed Kandi at the O2 this weekend! Preparation for my upcoming holiday in Ibiza... *GULP*!

Comments

Popular Posts