2 wheels good, 4 wheels bad...

Last night I invested £89 on a brand spanking new bicycle! I've been thinking of cycling to work for a while since I moved back in to town, but when I tried lifting my existing bike I was instantly put off... it's like it's manufactured from lead! It's a 10 year old mountain bike and obviously made before they discovered metals that don't double the gravitational pull of the earth, so I figured I'd stick to the buses. However, over the bank holiday I popped in to Decathlon and spotted a mountain bike for £89... bargain! So last night I nipped in to the shop and bought me one! It's still not the lightest thing on two wheels, but I can actually lift this one and it has a quick release for the seat and back wheel so hopefully deter anyone from stealing it round the delightful area I call home these days (who wants a bike you can't ride or sit on right?! lots of people I'm thinking!). It took me a nifty 20 mins to get in to work and that's me cycling like a snail (everyone on 2 wheels and no engine were overtaking me the entire way) so I'm thinking once I'm a lot fitter I can prob get to work in 10 mins! Legs feel a tad wobbly now though... sure that I will soon have thighs of steel though (not sure how attractive that is on a girlie but I want at least some percentage of my body to be muscle... more than the pathetic 10% I'm guessing I am now!).

Anyway, with my new bicycle purchase, I now need to sell my old mountain bike! Will post up details on it later on though... watch this space!

Comments

Popular Posts