Sun, sushi, cycling and an iron man

Not a very imaginative post title I admit, but it pretty much sums up my weekend! The weather has been FANTASTIC and this weekend I finally got to enjoy the weather instead of being cooped up in the office. Friday night was drinks at Jacks and a dance at Rex. Saturday I got some exercise and sun worshipping in when I cycled from home to Borough Market, had a burger and a root beer, then cycled from there to Covent Garden, then on to Carnaby Street and then promptly fell asleep in Cafe Nero on Oxford Street! The cycle home was much better after I recharged my batteries!

Sunday was spent mostly eating (well, I had to replace all the energy I spent on Saturday didn't I?!) when I met up with my two favourite sushi boys at Sakura. Then after a mini photoshoot at this weird sculpture off Tottenham Court Road, we went to watch Iron Man at the cinema (where I also spotted a celeb, 80's singer Marc Almond! He was watching the same film... my friends had no idea who he was though... so just me that has a sad 80's revival interest then!) I was NOT keen to watch the film but the boys were so insistant that one even paid for me to go with them and it turned out to be an ok film (even though one of the boys fell asleep in the first 5 minutes!). With all comic book-turned big screen movies, it's not supposed to be taken seriously but there were some good action scenes and a few gags which made me laugh. I did get a bit fidgety though which is always a sign of my mind wandering, so the film didn't quite manage to hold my imagination for the full duration.

The weekend was rounded off with MORE eating at Cafe East, our favourite Vietnamese cafe. We had to wait over half an hour for a table but as usual it was worth it, although I was gutted they'd ran out of che again! That's the third time I've been since I moved back and they've been sold out! Gutted...

Comments

Popular Posts