Rib flare, a long ass drive & a bad case of baby brain

Oh joy... another pregnancy pain seems to have raised its ugly head... rib pain! At least I think that's what it is! My right side has started really aching. All day today I've had pain like a dull ache to a stitch at the top right of my bump, kind of under my right breast and more towards my back. I think it could be my ribs expanding? Apparently it's called rib flare... Whatever it is, it's sore and uncomfortable!

Today we went to church again. I think bean bean loves it in there! Last week and this week she was way more active than normal. Hubby even saw my bump flinch as she gave me a massive kick! Maybe it's the church organ that wakes her up? Or the hymns! I think she loves music in general. All the way to Danni's house today in the car she was jumping around and wriggling to the music!

Which brings me to another pregnancy symptom... baby brain! I think I am now a danger on the roads! I've always been a very careful driver. I have 10 years no claims. But since I got pregnant, my concentration level behind the wheel has disappeared. I find myself day dreaming and missing turnings. I've even had to brake last minute on several occasions because I've realised that the car in front of me has stopped! I would never have been so careless before, but I genuinely feel like a total airhead behind the wheel. On my way to Danni's house today (and my friend Lavern's house yesterday) I followed the google map route. Normally this would have been fine. I wouldn't even need it to get to Lavern's place, I've driven it so many times... but now a days I just can't seem to be able to both drive and pay attention to the route on the map. Looking at one means I am totally distracted from the other. It actually scares me! Today I managed to miss my turning several times, and at one point, missed the exit to Sidcup (I wanted to go to the Tesco petrol station as I had a voucher and it's the cheapest price per litre around) and ended up on a dual carriage way heading towards the M20! I freaked out (which is also not like me as I would ordinarily just take the next exit and loop back on myself). The money i spent on my massive detour probably used up the money I saved trying to get to the petrol station!! A 35 minute journey ended up taking me almost an hour! Argh!! No, I think from this point on, unless I know where I'm going, hubby is going to have to drive. My brain is frazzled thanks to my hormones. I'll probably end up in Cornwall trying to find my way home. What's become of me and my sensible driving ability?! Shameful!!

Comments

Popular Posts