Hello third trimester!

Wow. I cannot believe I am in my third trimester already. It seems like only yesterday that I was in my first three months of pregnancy and stressing about every little twinge. I worried about symptoms I had. I worried about symptoms when they disappeared. I worried non stop about whether baby was ok or not. To be honest, that doesn't really go away! I still panic as soon as she has a lazy day and stops kicking.

My body shape has changed so dramatically, and not just my ever increasing bump. My face is fuller, my arms and legs chubbier, my back has gotten broader (can you believe my bra measurement has gone up from a 28" to 36"!). I pray I get my old body back... although I suspect it may not ever be quite the same! All those years of wishing I was thinner... I look at photos now and think WOW I was so slim! Why didn't I see it then?! Thankfully my boobs have gotten bigger along with my arse. Always a silver lining! Whoop!

It seems like no time at all until baby will finally be here and our lives will change forever. It's hard to imagine just what that's going to be like. I know it's going to involve a lot of sleepless nights, probably some arguments due to over-tiredness and a complete and utter change in lifestyle. But I also day dream about how wonderful it's going to be to hold my baby in my arms, smell her hair and watch her grow up. Up until now I don't think I've really thought about that. The end result. And when I did, it would freak me out a bit. How am I going to cope with looking after another tiny, vulnerable human being?! But now I worry about it less and less and I smile more and more. It's really going to happen. It seems so much more real. I'm still in denial about the birth though. I haven't gotten that far yet! Out of sight out of mind. I'm hoping she'll just pop right out in a batt of an eyelid. Ha! Yeah right. I'll tackle that horror closer to the time!

Next week I have a week off work. Then I go back to work for 7 weeks and that's it! I'm off on maternity leave! 3 weeks (or more if she decides to hang around in there all cosy and come late) of time on my hands, waiting for our special arrival. I can't believe it! Where has the time gone?! I can see myself writing that again in 12 months time! Time flies. It's actually scary!

Comments

Popular Posts