Yoyo appetite...

I don't know what's wrong with me. Last week, I could barely manage to eat a bowl of cereal and maybe some rice for dinner. This week, I've turned into a raging ravenous madwoman. I'm hungry ALL the time. I can't stop eating.

Yesterday I came in to work, ate a bowl of cereal, started going through my emails, decided I couldn't concentrate as my stomach was growling like some underfed beast, went and got another bowl of cereal, and then managed to plod through til midday, when I couldn't take the cravings anymore and scoffed the flask of beef, barley and winter vegetable soup I'd made the night before. That satiated the hunger pangs quite well... for about 4 hours! Then I had to go munch yet another bowl of cereal. By the time I got to my parents house last night, I practically crawled through the front door begging to be fed. Dad gave me yet another bowl of soup (this time barley, coriander and other vegetables of the green variety... don't ask me what, I didn't care, I was too busy eating) and then we sat down to dinner. I vacuumed my way through several helpings of courgette and beans, mash and salmon, and then polished off Mum's unwanted salmon as well. I felt the guy from Alien by the end of it, ready to have some half formed cereal/soup baby burst out of my stomach... yet I could STILL eat!

Today, there's no improvement on my abnormal, can't go without half an hour without craving something to shove in my gob, appetite. I've resisted and only had one bowl of cereal and a bowl of soup (yes, the same soup I made on Monday... the downside of cooking for one when you have no concept of portion size in cooking), but I'm feeling 'The Hunger' returning with avengance. I might have to venture to the kitchen for cereal bowl number two. I totally blame it on my stateside friend, who unfortunately is 5 hours behind the UK, and therefore now routinely logs online, says hi, and starts munching his way through a plethroa of junk food for dinner, right in front of my eyes. So far, he's tormented me with Ben and Jerry's cherry garcia ice cream, fried chicken, pizza, dough sticks, brownies, sandwiches, noodles, crisps and the evilest of all temptations, chocolate. If I end up 200lbs and bedridden, too fat to leave my room, I solely place the blame on you! haha

Comments

Anonymous said…
I feel bloated just reading this blog.
Anonymous said…
Must be tapeworm
Anonymous said…
u cant put all the blame on me, it's not my fault that im always hungry at that time. u made it sound like im such a pig and eating nothing but junk food!!!! what can i say... it's how we do over here in AMERICA!!! that's y we hold the record for highest percentage of obesity!!!

Popular Posts