We're so bloody British....

I've never considered 'bloody' a swear word. Having said that, I get cast filthy looks by my parents if I use it too often. Maybe it's because there's a plethora of far more shocking and satisfying expletives I could (and do, sorry Dad) use, I've always thought of bloody as a mild slang word. I'm loathed to admit my parents are right, but it seems like for once maybe they are. The Sun newspaper has had a knuckle rapping for plastering the said apparently offensive word across a lorry, promoting our numerous gold medal wins at the Bejing olympics, saying "where the bloody hell were you?". Apparently, someone complained saying children could see it. That made me laugh. Let's not only blind fold them, but stuff cotton wool in their ears too, as half the adults I see out in public in London dragging some mini-me thug by the arm seem to use far fouler language than that. Was only yesterday I hear some chavvy mother shout at her snotty nosed little kid when he swore "oi! Shut up... don't use that f*cking language". And Britain wonders why we're living in a world of Vicky Pollard clones... *sigh* I'm emigrating... haha

Comments

Popular Posts