Baby P rest in peace

Up until today I'd resisted reading about the baby P case in the news. I read about everything else, keeping up to date with current affairs, and call it burying my head in the sand, but I knew I'd just find it too upsetting to read. I finally caved today when I saw the front page of one of the newspapers with a photo of a birdbath, saying that this is his final resting place... an unmarked grave where his ashes have been scattered.

It leaves me totally distraught, disturbed and upset that anyone would harm a child to the extent that this poor child suffered at the hands of evil and twisted adults. Surely if you had an unwanted baby, you'd give it to someone else rather than use the poor innocent infant as a living punch bag. Reading the news article, I couldn't stop myself finally breaking down in tears as I read that when his body was found in a blood soaked cot, he had been hit so hard in the mouth, a milk tooth was found in the back of his throat, the tops of his fingers were cut off and his fingernails pulled out. His ribs and spine were broken and he had been paralysed. He suffered over 50 injuries in the space of 8 months and no one intervened and removed him from his abusive mother, her nazi boyfriend or their paedophile lodger. Reading the log of hospital visits, numerous x-rays and reportings of bruising, it defies belief that no one removed the baby from the care of his mother. How can anyone miss just how badly treated this child was?

It says a lot about the UK prison service, when his evil mother taunted guards exclaiming it was just like Butlins, as she swanned off to get her hair done at the jail's hair salon. I don't know what the most suitable punishment would be for the people meant to love and care for baby P. Death seems too quick and lenient a sentence. I only hope that whatever comes after their time on this earth it befitting the cruel acts they show no remorse for.

Comments

Popular Posts