I'm on my way....

...to being a REAL photographer. Up til now I think I've been playing at being photographer, but last night I finally got a taste of what it would be like to do this properly... and it tasted goooooood....

I went on a little job with a friend last week to take shots of a restaurant for their menus which was fun, but last night I got to take some proper food shots for another restaurant's website. It was a long evening but really enjoyable, plus we got to eat the food afterwards which was an added bonus! The 50mm f/1.8 lens finally got a proper outing and it proved it's worth with shots like these:

Not your average London pigeon

Char siu puffs

Fish

Squid


To be fair, these photos aren't at their best. We finished working really late and I didn't get home til gone midnight, but couldn't resist uploading the best shots on Flickr. I did however stop myself from sitting there post processing them all, so a few could do with some exposure and saturation adjustments.Can't wait to see them in print or on the website!

I have well and truly been bitten by the photography bug. I think I may go to the Covent Garden night market tonight to take some more shots with my new toy.

Comments

Popular Posts