The stresses of fetal movement (or lack thereof!)

The past 5 days I've been suffering with a stinking cold which has turned into a hacking cough (much to the annoyance of my colleagues no doubt!). Since I got my cold, bean seems to have gone a bit quiet. She had been super duper hyper the week before, so her reduced movement started to freak me out after 2 or 3 days, so I called the midwife and left a message. Yesterday the midwife called me back and said to come in to the day assessment unit for fetal movement monitoring. I went back home from work and mum and dad took me to the hospital. Baby had already done a flip that morning so I was anticipating her making me look an idiot and right enough, as soon as the heart beat and movement sensors were strapped to my belly, the little monkey decided to kick away like she was participating in Euro 2012! Anyway, the midwife was lovely and said to keep an eye on things and call back if i was still concerned.

Well today she seems to be back to her normal bouncy self. "boing" through meetings, "kick kick kick" while I was at my desk, "wriggle wriggle" while I was eating dinner and a mega hyper half an hour whilst I sat in the cinema watching Snow White and the Huntsman! I actually managed to stand in front of the mirror with my top rolled up and could SEE her moving around under my skin!! It's a weird thing to watch trust me! Still, it makes me feel a hell of a lot better knowing she's ok in there! Seems like I'll never stop worrying no matter what stage of pregnancy I'm at!

Comments

Popular Posts