Errrr... This isn't Blackfriars?!

Ok this morning I have probably made my biggest baby brain mistake of my pregnancy so far... I got on the wrong sodding train to work!

I was so engrossed in reading my morning copy of The Metro and sipping my red bush tea, that I jumped on the first train that pulled in to my platform without looking up. Ordinarily that would mean I'd have ended up in Victoria, no biggie, but this train wasn't going to London, oh no... this one was going to Sevenoaks in KENT! I only realised when I looked at my watch and thought "hold on I should be at Blackfriars by now". I looked out the window and saw FIELDS! GREEN GREEN FIELDS! Definitely not The Shard I was expecting to see! Ha!

I thought about asking someone in my unusually empty train carriage (I thought it looked odd!) where the train was going, but not wanting to look like the baby brained airhead I am, decided to wait til the best stop (praying this wasn't a fast train to Ashford) and see where I was headed.

Luckily I jumped off at the next stop (after panicking) and saw I was in Eynsford and there was a train to London in half an hour on the other platform.

I'm now sat waiting for said train, sweltering in the heat. Only another 25 minutes to wait. Tick tock...

Well... this is going to be embarrassing when I turn up to work isn't it?! My team are going to PISS themselves laughing! Haha!

Comments

Popular Posts