Eek! It's an ALIEN!!

Today baby managed to FREAK OUT my colleagues. She's been kicking and stretching a lot this morning. Sat at my desk, I told my colleagues she was moving. First Ben sat there going "urrghhhh!!, mesmerised as my belly rippled and shifted on its own, then the rest of the girls all huddled round my chair to have a look. A unified scream escaped all of them when baby gave me a rather strong kick on my right side and my belly button jolted. I started laughing really hard at their reactions so baby stopped moving! It was hilarious! I looked up to a mass of drop jawed open mouths. I think they were genuinely shocked. Admittedly the first time I saw it myself it instantly reminded me of the film Alien when it bust out the guys ribcage. Heehee. Thank god it's something considerably cuter that's causing my spontaneous belly boogie!

I love it when she moves! I'm just waiting for someone to clock it on the train, as yesterday an today she was making my bump and jiggle loads. I reckon my fellow commuters may not scream but I bet I'd get some silent horrified stares!

She now seems to have settled a leg right in my right side, which is slightly uncomfortable, but I'll let her off... love my little bubba!!!! <3

Another colleague asked if she could feel my bump today, which is rare as most people just touch without asking... Luckily I don't mind at all but I imagine some people would. What I DID think was possibly overstepping the mark was when she lent down and placed her EAR on my belly! I was kind of stood there in the kitchen, arms out stretched, strangers head pressed to my stomach, thinking errrr.... ok then! Actually made me laugh though. It was kind of cute she tried to listen. I love how pregnancy just fascinates people.

Being pregnant seems to make you instantly more approachable... unless of course it's a guy who wants to chat you up... then you're totally off limits. Which makes me think of my lunch today with a colleague. We had gone to Ping Pong for dimsum and were just finishing up, when two men in their late 60s sat next to us. I had my handbag on my lap with my cardigan draped over my belly, as we were about to pay and leave. "oh, can you help us? We don't know what to order..." was their opening line. After a few suggestions and a few more lines and comments, we stood up. Imagine their horror when they clocked my huge 6 month pregnant bump! Their jaws dropped! That really made me laugh inside! Haha! Hey, I'll get what I can take... no one looks at you in THAT way when you're pregnant... well, apart from my lovely husband who insists I'm still lovely and the most beautiful pregnant woman in the world. Awwwwwwww.....

Comments

Popular Posts