Retro Christmas wish list

With nostalgic toys like Sylvanian family and Monopoly on the top toys for this year's wish list, it got me thinking about all the toys I had as a kid... anyone remember any of these?? And before anyone says it, I'm a girl, no naturally these are all GIRLS toys... no He Man or Transformers here! Sorry! hehe


Wuzzles
I had a hoppapotamus (a cross between a hippo and a kangaroo, with wings... of course!) and my sister had a bumblelion (bumblee bee and lion?! Duh...). I don't even remember the cartoon, but I remember the Christmas we got our toys!

Popples
I think I still have one in the loft somewhere. I don't even know what these things were supposed to be?! Some kind of bear with a built in sleeping bag?!


Keypers
These were the coolest plastic toys. I had the pink snail I think. They came with these funny little companions that looked a bit like a raspberry with glasses. You had a plastic key which opened her shell and you could store precious things inside... like, other plastic crap that seemed very important when you're 8... god knows what! The shell used to always get stuck though and I think it broke in the end from prying it open! oops!

Sweet secrets
These toys were like transformers for girls. The head, arms and legs folded into the jewelled case and coulod be strung on a necklace. Kind of creepy looking?!


Snugglebumms
These were soooooo cuuuuute!!! Dammit, I wish I still had mine! They had a little heart on their bums...

Yawnies
These funny soft toys had a little hole in the back so you could insert your finger and er... make them yawn.... haha. I think I still have my Nighty the dog somewhere!

Fairytails
I think this toy went everywhere with me, perched on my finger like it was an ACTUAL bird. I learnt to plait on it's tail, until it turned into the usual nylon tangled mess that most 80's toy hair ended up as...

Comments

Popular Posts