Mandarin reading practice 5: Directions 方向 fāng xiàng

Well, today's lesson was all about directions. Considering I get my left confused from my right in English (it's genetic, ask Dad, either being Irish or being my father's daughter I'm not sure which!), learning directions in Chinese is pretty damn difficult! For the first time in a while I spent the lesson with a confused "HUH?!" expression.

So here's a list of my vocabulary I'm going to attempt to memorise this week, along with my attempt at making up some sentences!

拐 [guǎi] turn
往 [wǎng] direction/towards
右 [yòu] right
左 [zuǒ] left
北 [běi] North
南 [nán] South
东 [dōng] East
西 [xī] West
前 [qián] forward/ahead
就 [jiù] just
近 [jìn] near
远 [yuǎn] far
离 [lí] from
地方 [dì fāng] place
旁边 [páng biān] next to
场 [chǎng] field

A: 你家在什么地方?你家离这儿远不远吗?

B: 不远。我家很近。你认识路吗?

A: 不认识。

B: 我家在网巴旁边。往东走,走两分钟。往左走,往前走。我家就在网巴旁边。


A: Nǐ jiā zài shénme dìfāng?nǐ jiā lí zhèr yuǎn bù yuǎn ma?

B: Bù yuǎn 。Wǒ jiā hěn jìn。Nǐ rènshi lù ma?

A: Bù rènshi。

B: Wǒ jiā zài wǎngbā pángbiān 。Wǎng dōng zǒu,zǒu liǎng fēnzhōng。Wǎng zuǒ zǒu,wǎng qián zǒu。Wǒ jiā jiù zài wǎngbā pángbiān。

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello,

Just to let you know I enjoy reading your blog updates ^_^ I have a question, what material do you use for learning Mandarin? I would love to see a blog update on this. Thanks!!

Popular Posts