Mandarin reading practice 3: Sometimes always never...

Well, this week was a whole HOST of Chinese words I've never EVER come across! It's been a while since I sat in a class going "huh?!" so I guess this week will involve some real revision! So, while it's fresh in my mind, here's some new words I've learnt to go alongside my "time" blog post.

So I already know how to tell the time, but these words add more variation to time narrative:

Always: 总是 (zǒng shì)
Usually: 通常 (tōng cháng)
Often: 常常 (cháng cháng) Can also just use 常 (cháng)
Often: 经常 (jīng cháng)
Sometimes: 有时候 (yǒu shí hou)
Seldom: 很少 (hěn shǎo)
Never: 从不 (cóng bù)

And here's this week's homework for your reading pleasure! Some example phrases...

wǒ zǒng shì zuò fàn.
我总是做饭。
I always cook food

wǒ tōng cháng hē hóng jiǔ.
我通常喝红酒。
I usually drink red wine.

tā cháng cháng kàn diàn shì.
她常常看电视。
I often watch TV.

wǒmen jīng cháng shàng wǎng.
我们经常上网。
We often surf the internet.

wǒ yǒu shí hou chī píng guǒ.
我有时候吃苹果。
I sometimes eat apples.

tā hěn shǎo hē niǔ nǎi.
他很少喝牛奶。
He seldom drink milk.

tā cóng bù chōuyān.
他从不抽烟。
I never smoke.

And here's some extra reading practice putting everything I've learnt in the past month together!

你好!我叫跃春。明年我三十岁。我半个爱尔兰人半个中国人。我妈妈是中国人。她从南非来。我爸爸是爱尔兰人。我有一个妹妹。她二十八岁。我们住在英国。

每天早上七点半我起床。我从不吃早饭!八点一刻我去上班。我在伦敦工作。我坐火车去。从中午十二点半到二点我吃午饭。下午五点半我回家。每天六点半我通常做饭。饭后我看电视。晚上十一点半我睡觉。

Comments

Popular Posts