Mandarin reading practice 1: My family 我的家

Since I started learning Mandarin, I've been hunting the web for good sources of simple topic based reading practice. So far the only site I've found was http://practice-chinese.com/ which has some great posts on conversations, vocabulary and learning tips. Everything else I found was too complicated or covered too many characters I didn't know.

Anyway my hours of scouring the web and getting cross eyed from staring at so much 汉字 got me thinking... I'm writing paragraphs of Chinese for homework which is all topic based! So why don't I be a helpful bunny and post it up for other people to read?!

So here's your first reading practice, on family. If you'd like the translation and pinyin please leave a comment and I can add it!

My family
我的家

我叫跃春。我半个中国人,半个爱尔兰人!明年我三十岁!我家有两口人。我和我的男朋友。我的男朋友叫志晖。他从香港来。他三十岁。我们住在伦敦。我有一个妹妹。她二十八岁。她不想要学习汉语。她是非常英国人。她没结婚了。她的男朋友叫Chris。他英国人。她是中国人,但是她不会说汉语。她从南非来。她在伦敦工作。我妈妈是职员人。我爸爸退役。他喜欢看书。他是爱尔兰人。


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Bill (葛威) said…
I love this, and should really do more of it myself. I tried reading this before resorting to Google Translate. In some cases I think I was better than Google, in others (particularly proper names) less so.

Keep writing, and I'll be sure to keep reading. I'm trying to get back into the habit of blogging my Chinese studies again.

Popular Posts