We know where you are....

Google, the master of gadgets and applications (apps) has come up with yet more add ons to google maps... now you can map where your friends are! Talk about big brother! Google latitude lets you see the location of your friends and their status messages.

"Now you can do things like see if your spouse is stuck in traffic on the way home from work, notice that a buddy is in town for the weekend, or take comfort in knowing that a loved one's flight landed safely, despite bad weather," Google said in a blog post.

Ah yes, see if your spouse is stuck in traffic... or somewhere he's not supposed to be... that cheating rat... me thinks this app could catch out a lot of unfaithful partners unless they're smart enough to change their location manually...!

Of course, I immediately sent the link to my phone to install and have a play... not that I'm a stalker or anything... I'm just trying it out, you know, for research purposes... *ahem* but unfortunately it won't work on my phone... boo... good thing I am upgrading next week yay! (you can find out if you can play stalker by clicking here and seeing if your phone is compatible). I did add the app to my igoogle homepage, again, I just got the message saying that it's not available for my location currently. Damn and blast! Why do they release apps that us poor sods in blighty can't access along with the rest of the western world!

Anyway, I shall be waiting for latitude to be coming out of beta testing and then, my friends with gmail accounts, I shall be watching... muahahahahaaaaaaa...

Comments

Popular Posts