Another milestone...

Eek! This morning I was clipping my hair up, looking in the mirror, and I caught sight of that dreaded thing no 20-something ever wants to see... my first white hair! Noooo! I always laughed at friends who had a sprouting of pigment-challenged strands, and now it seems life is laughing back, because there is a totally colourless stark white hair in amongst my black bonce... which raises the age old question, to pluck or not to pluck. Some people hold to the old wives tale that if you pull out a white hair, three will grow back in it's place (which personally I feel is a load of old bull), whereas others believe it's bad luck. Well, I think I shall leave mine firmly planted in my scalp for now, not because I believe in silly supersitions, but mainly because I'm kind of freaked out by this sudden appearance of a visible sign that I'm nearly 30, but simultaneously kind of proud. Does this mean the beginning of the end of being ID'd in Tesco's? It was only last week I was told I looked 16 when buying alcohol... are the days of panicking because I forgot my driving licence when I go clubbing a distant memory? admittedly, when I do get ID's and respond with "I'm 28", bouncers and shop assistants alike just look at me in disbelief but don't persue the line of questioning because, let's face it, if you're 17 and trying to buy alcohol, you're not going to pass yourself off as nearly 30. Who's going to lie about that, right?

I'm sure it'll fall out of it's own accord, and will not return for another 28 years... right? RIGHT?!

.. god I feel old....

Comments

Popular Posts