On the buses... the word of an atheist?

I was pretty shocked to see one of the adverts below on my morning commute to work on the tube last week... we're all so used to seeing religious adverts exclaiming that God will save us all, but when you see one denouncing religion it comes as a shock... I'm not sure what I think really. In the interest of fairness, atheists should be able to have their say, but then I'd always assumed that if you don't believe in God, you're not really that compelled to shout about it as you don't have a 'faith' as such to preach... it kind of makes me uneasy if I'm honest. Having a faith admittedly causes a whole host of issues when religion wars against religion, but after watching the "Around the world in 80 faiths" series on TV, I have to say that at the heart of each is a message of tolerance, love and acceptance. Believing in something like that can't be a bad thing really can it?


Well, looks like god-fearing folk can retaliate and brandish their own religious slogan on the side of a bus... or any other message you fancy telling the world... as some clever clogs has come up with the bus slogan generator... believe me, I'm going to have hours of fun with this one... and no doubt, facebook will be awash with doctored public transport images in no time!

Comments

Popular Posts