Muffins and a gas leak

Well this weekend was eventful... not for me but for my housemate... she called the gasman out to look at the slight smell of gas in the lounge and ended up getting the supply cut off, no hot water or heating all weekend, the floors in the bedrooms, lounge, bathroom, landing pulled up and a whole lot of bother! Lucky the heating and hot water are back on now and they know where the leak is! I came home just as everything was getting back to normal! We still have no cooker but we're just glad to have heating and hot water!

For me, I went for Dim Sum on Sunday and went to see boyf's friend's new baby who was very cute... also made those carrot muffins, but they didn't quite work out well... think either I needed to add baking soda as well as self raising flour, or the mixture was too wet. Either way, they ended up really heavy, but they tasted good! I adapted the mixture a fair bit and put in them carrots, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, dates, apple, sultanas, cinnamon, nutmeg... and half the sugar it said to add. I know they don't look particularly appetising from the photo but I promise they were nice!

It's Guy Fawkes night soon... can't wait to see some fireworks and get some photos. Haven't been off taking pictures since holiday so I'm excited about getting some good shots. Think on the 5th we're going to Crystal Palace which has a good display!

On another note, once again I've been reading the posts on Postsecret and here's some of my favourites...



Comments

Popular Posts