Stardust


Last night I went to see Stardust at the cinema... it was BRILLIANT! It's about a boy who goes looking for a fallen star to give to the girl he loves in the magical kingdom that exists on the other side of the wall by his village. The fallen star turns out to be human and they get into all sorts of adventures getting back home. It had loads of good actors in it including half the cast of The Green Wing, David Walliams from Little Brittan, Ricky Gervais (who seems to just do the same character in different clothes in every single film and is beginning to really irritate me), Rupert Everett, Michelle Pfeiffer (who makes a really good evil witch), Robert DeNiro as a gay pirate... the list goes on and on. The film was a bit like The Princess Bride (which ironically I watched at the weekend) and made me feel all christmassy by the time it finished... thank goodness I went to see it with my housemate Jo instead of pooface as he so would not have appreciated it! I also LOVE the theme tune which has been stuck in my head for ages... Take That - Rule the world and makes you feel all festive!

There's now LOADS of films I want to go and see once they come out too... the trailers at the cinema were really good. I defintely want to see Bee Movie when it comes out. which is a Dreamworks animation about bees, The Golden Compass looked really good which is an adaptation of a Philip Pullman book, Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium which looks like a cross between Willy Wonka and the Robin Willams film Toys about a magical toy shop and finally and most surprising of all, Disney's Enchanted about a Disney animated princess who falls into the real world. I saw the poster for it in the foyer and rolled my eyes at it, but when I saw the trailer I found myself laughing a lot as Disney totally pokes fun at all it's cartoons and typical traits.

Comments

Popular Posts