A year in photos 2010


I cannot believe it's Christmas this week! The time has flown by so quickly and I don't know where the year has gone! 2010 has been a good year, and I feel like for once I've achieved a lot. A sign of my improved mental attitude and belief in the law of attraction... proof that you are a prophet of your own destiny!

Last year, I didn't have new year resolutions. I purely counted the things I am grateful for. Looking at the list, I have been just as blessed in 2010, if not more so. I listed my blessings as:

  1. I found the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. Or maybe he found me. And I can hand on heart say that I am still as blissfully happy now as I was a year ago, if it's possible, even more so.
  2. I finally arrived in a position where I CAN buy a property. I didn't do it, but at least now I can when I find the right place. Well, 2010 came with our first home, and after years of saying I want to do it, I finally got on the property ladder, buying with my beloved Kimchi.
  3. I had some amazing photography opportunities and jobs, learnt a lot, and have paved the way for more to come in 2010. And the photography jobs have kept on coming, with studio shoots, fashion shoots, upcoming shots due in ASOS.com and my new role as in-house photographer for Practical Law Company.
  4. I finally stopped talking about learning Chinese and enrolled in a Mandarin course, which I am loving and picking up fairly quickly. In 2010 I passed my exam with a distinction, and continued studying. Still not fluent but for once, I started something and haven't quit!
  5. I got to go to Hong Kong and had a fabulous holiday, and met my boyfriends parents, and am all set to go back again next week. Unfortunately, Kimchi's grandfather passed away on our second trip. But we were blessed to make it out there to say goodbye. And we have another trip back for Chinese new year, this time taking my parents to meet his!
  6. All mine and my boyfriends worries and loose ends were finally tied off this month, leaving us free to welcome in 2010 with nothing hanging over us and able to look forward to a new and happy decade together. And as 2010 rolled on, everything else has fallen into place. 2011 will definitely tie off the last few items on the wish list. 
  7. I spent almost a year living at home, which gave me time to appreciate my family all the more (even if they drive me a little crazy too) and save towards that ever growing deposit. And we got to spend even more quality time with family, with a group holiday to France. Even the rain didn't dampen the trip!
  8. I can finally say, for the first time in my life, that this year, I finally became genuinely and truly happy, content, positive and gained faith in my future. Something that's taken a long time coming and needs a little shove to the forefront of my mind every now and then, but it's there somewhere in the recesses of my consciousness. Well, not much to say here, other than my PMA is still going strong!

I feel that as 2010 has been such a good year, I should add even more blessings to the list.... so here goes:

  1. Blessed that Kimchi has finally taken his CFA level 1 and I'm sure he'll have passed, opening the doors to better job prospects and promotions.
  2. Blessed that mine and my family's health is good, with Dad staying all clear.
  3. Blessed that my lucky little sister has found a man who makes her laugh, and took the big step to getting engaged!! Congratulations Keri!!
  4. Blessed that I have a job that I enjoy, colleagues who are supportive, and a chance to embrace my creativity and photographic skills.
  5. Blessed that we finally own our own home, and have a roof over our heads which we can call ours.
  6. Blessed to have friends that have hearts of gold.

So roll on 2011. What's in store? Well, the end of my 20's for a start... it's my 30th birthday in 2 1/2 weeks (gulp!), but growing old aside, I'm positive 2011 will bring even more good fortune, tests and (fingers crossed) something sparkly before the end of the year pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!! *hint hint*

Comments

Nitsy Balboa said…
i recognise you! =)
Sweetpea said…
Haha I think I see you on the City Thameslink train sometimes but never been introduced so too weird to say *hi*!! lol!
Nitsy Balboa said…
lol, yeah i sat opposite you on the train. i know that we have friends in common but never been met! liking the blog, you are on my google reader now =) ..oh, where do you work?!
Sweetpea said…
Just the other side of Blackfriars bridge by OXO tower. Been a royal pain in the arse Blackfriars being shut and reduced train service! Grr!
Where do you work? :)
Nitsy Balboa said…
ooh i see, i'm at Holborn Circus, just off Hatton Garden. Yeah, as long as i'v been at this job, Blackfriars have had on going work done on it. I really don't like where I am located, feels like the middle of nowhere =( I once walked to Oxo Tower after work, crossed Blackfriars Bridge, quite a nice walk actually =)

Is it your last day today? It is mine! I gots 11 days off now, woohoo x
Sweetpea said…
Yep me too! Planning on doing a few last minute shopping bits tomorrow, then going to relax, celebrate and eat lots over the weekend! NOMNOMNOM!! :D
Nitsy Balboa said…
nomnomnom, that's what i say too! nomnomnom is a way of life =)

Popular Posts