Wonderful Christmas

Well another Christmas over. My highlights:

Going to midnight mass. I love going to church and singing in Christmas day. This year just me and Kimchi went to church. I know people from all walks of life celebrate Christmas for so many different reasons. It's a time to gather with family. A time to share and give and be thankful. But to me, it's also a religious holiday. Something many people forget. After all, CHRISTmas is the celebration of Jesus Christ's birth. So I don't feel like it's truly Christmas without going to church! This year we went to our local church. I love singing carols, and for the first time i also went up to be blessed. The service was good, although I have to admit the vicar sounded a bit unintentionally derogatory of other faiths when he went on about how everyone knows the date of Christmas, and the dates of Hannuka, Eid etc are not as common knowledge. I think his aim was to point out the importance if Christ, and how even our calendar and the passing if time is benchmarked against his birth (if a bit out by a few years!). True or not, and although I consider myself Christian, albeit a loose-termed one, I don't believe any faith is better than an other. As long as you HAVE faith, be that in any god, higher power, the universe or being, and have a moral code that keeps you away from hate, it doesn't matter what you believe in. Anyway, that aside, Christmas truly became Christmas in church. I got a chance to say a prayer for a couple of people who are battling cancer, and spare a thought for those who's Christmas won't be as happy as others.



Best presents I received this year have got to be the Kata SLR rucksack from my sister and her fiancé, closely followed by the Pronoia book by Rob Brezsney from Mum and Dad (yes google it. Probably the furthest you can get from Christianity and the bible, but as i said I don't consider myself a conventional Christian!). Also the funniest yet most practical present would be my carbon monoxide alarm, also from my parents! Haha! I got tons of great presents from friends and family so thank you to all of you!! I am blessed!



Best moment of the day has got to be watching my Mum and Aunties dance to Hey Ya on the Wii Just Dance 2. Hilarious. Watching my mother "shake it, shake it, shake it like a polaroid picture " was wrong yet pant wettingly funny at the same time.

So I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas too! x

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular Posts