I got your coat!

I detest public transport at the best of times. Forcibly invading other people's space whilst crammed into over crowded carriages, being subjected to exhausted suits rather loud snoring and having people's newspapers waved under your nose as fellow commuters try to read The Metro whilst pinned up against your chest. But that's all just every day morning and evening 9-5 commute hate. Post-dinner late evening commute is even worse. The Victoria to Bromley train at 11pm is 10x worse than any 8am train journey! Carriages reeking of MacDonalds, Burger King and Cornish pasty. Drunk heads lolling onto your shoulder, and being forced to listen to repetitive drunken conversations. The latter can also be a source of entertainment though. Last night, a rather worse for wear young lady, munching on her cheeseburger, spent the entire journey calling 3 or 4 different people and having an identical conversation over and over. By the time our train reached it's destination, the entire carriage was quietly laughing at her. One guy even said to her "omg i think you have Jane's coat!!" as he got off the train. Why? Well, her conversation went along these lines (read with chavvy souf Laadan accent innit!):

"oh my gosh! I just got on the train, and I was like omg. This coats a bit tight. Hold up! My coat doesn't have a belt! Omg! This isn't my coat! I think I got someone elses coat! So I called Sarah, and I was like omg! I just realised this isn't my coat! I must have picked up Jane's coat at the pub! I was walking to the train station and was thinking omg! This coat is a bit tight! And then I realised omg! This isn't my coat! *que hysterical laughing very loudly* omg I know! I was thinking omg! My coat doesn't have a belt! I called Sarah and I was like omg! This isn't my coat! I think this is.... jane's coat!!! I knooooow!! Jane!! Omg!!"

You get the jist. Now repeat the above, to 3 or 4 different people, loud enough for the entire carriage to hear, for 20 minutes non stop, only broken by chomps of cheeseburger. Even an episode of Misfits full blast on our iPhone couldnt drown out the idiotic phonecalls. The joy of late night train journeys!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular Posts