Book meme

Picked up this meme Via Information Overlord (errrr yeah I know, blog I monitor for work lol).

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
I don’t really tend to snack whilst reading, as it's usually on the train journey to work, although I religiously have my cup of coffee in a travel mug with me every morning without fail!

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
Hell no! I could never write in a book! Besides, I tend to read fiction rather than reference, so no need to mark or comment in my books. Plus I don't think the library would be exactly impressed with anyone scrawling over their property!

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
Sometimes I admit I do bend over a corner of a book, but only if I have lost my book mark and it's my own book! Otherwise I tend to use old train tickets. *hint hint* someone buy me a nice book mark for Christmas please!


Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
Fiction! Real life is jarring enough without reading about it. Take me somewhere far far away in my mind's eye any day. Biographies always sound too self indulgent and boring for my tastes!

Hard copy or audiobooks?
Hard copy. I like to hear my own voice in my head, not someone else's.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?
Ideally end of chapters but I'd miss my stop if I stuck to that rule!

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
I tend to assume depending on context. Besides, I mostly read fantasy so unknown words generally aren't in the English dictionary!

What are you currently reading?
Surprisingly, nothing right now as I want to spend my time practicing my Mandarin instead, but I just finished reading Making Money by Terry Pratchett. Am tempted to be a bit of a sheep and read the new Dan Brown book, but also been sucked into the Twilight hype after seeing the film (shut up! It was GOOD ok?!) and love vampire stories so may pick that up next. Not particularly intellectually stimulating I know, but reading is an escape for me, not an education!

What is the last book you bought?
A toughie... I don't really buy books as I have a library card! Think it may have been The Time Travellers Wife.

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?
I tend to stick to one at a time, giving it my full attention. The only time I read two at once is when the first book is rubbish and I'm bored of it, which usually results in me never finishing it!

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
On the train, or on any journey just to pass the time really.

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
It was a series that first got me into reading, The Belgariad series from David Eddings, which ended up in me reading 10 books in a row... so I'd say series! You get to know the characters really well and end up feeling like you know them personally.


Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
David Eddings, Terry Pratchett and anything by Mitch Albom.


How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
I kind of don't? They all sit in a box in the loft! Mind you, I'm a creature of habit, so most of mine are all the same genre!

Comments

Popular Posts