Not in YOUR condition!

This week, a funny thing happened at the train station. Every morning I briskly walk from the bus stop to the station (not run or jog because hubby would most certainly tell me off as I am under STRICT instructions not to run.... ahem...), glance at the monitors to see if I've missed at 8:18 train, which I usually have, and head through the barriers to the platform to catch the next train. However, this week, as I approached the ticket barriers, the guy manning them said to me "uh, excuse me! Over here!" and called me over to the luggage gate. "Through here please" he said. I asked why, baffled as to why I had to go through a gate reserved for people lugging suitcases and women with buggies. "Because you're not allowed through those gates in your condition". Ha! In my condition! Think that's the first time anyone in the vague vicinity of a train has actually acknowledged my pregnant state (apparently everyone on the train seems to be very very engrossed in a conversation/the Metro newspaper/a book/draw something app on their iPhone etc etc when I get on a train with no seats). I wasn't sure whether to be grateful or a little offended. I'm not THAT big yet that I can't fit through the barriers! Haha! But I joke, no of course it was very kind of the station staff to notice my bump and I have to admit I have developed an aversion to the ticket barriers since getting pregnant as I keep on irrationally thinking they're going to slam shut on my bump before I get through! So yes very grateful. But sometimes... when there's a crowd and a queue to go thorough the barriers.... I still sneak through the normal smaller ones... and feel a bit naughty like I'm doing something I'm not allowed haha!

Comments

Popular Posts