Myth or maternity magic? Predicting baby's gender!

Today I had my 16 week midwife appointment and heard little beans heartbeat. Apparently it's between 150-160 beats per minute (bpm). The old wives tale says anything over 140 indicates a girl, under 140bpm a boy. So I wonder... is it a little girl bean or a little boy bean?! We'll find out in a few weeks!

Other ways I've been told to predict the sex of the baby have included feeling my pulse in both wrists (if it's faster on the right wrist it's a boy, left is a girl. Problem was I tried to do this and my pulse was the same on both wrists!), and (thanks cousin Connan for this gem) if you fart a lot, it's a boy (rolled my eyes at that one haha!). Anyone else have any old myths for telling the sex of the baby?

Comments

Yy said…
My grandad is good at predicting just by looking at the shape of the bump...he has not got it wrong in so many years! x

Popular Posts