Bowling balls and magic

This weekend has been great yet uncomfortable. It started off well, with me meeting my new mummy-to-be friend who I met on the Internet after posting on netmums asking if there were any other pregnant girlies around my age in my area. After a few weeks of chatting we agreed to meet for lunch (haha sounds exactly like how myself and hubby met!) and ended up having a really good chin wag! That was followed by some much needed shopping with little sis (which was great albeit dampened slightly by the fact I had to admit defeat and buy the next size up knickers just for comforts sake. I pray my ass shrinks after this little monkey is born!) and dinner with her and her fiancé.

Sunday was an unexpected bonus as I managed to snag some free tickets to go and see Hans Klok the Dutch Vegas magician perform in The Houdini Experience at the Peacock theatre. I was expecting crappy seats given that they were free, so was really pleased when I realised hubby and I were data in the stalls half way from the stage with an excellent view! The show was a mixture of big magic tricks the likes of which you usually see on TV and circus acts (my favourites were the Chinese tight rope walker who balanced on a slack rope on a ladder, and some contortionist acrobats who balanced on each other). Ok, it was cheesy, but big Vegas magic acts are supposed to be right?! We enjoyed all the more, knowing that everyone sat around us paid up to £58 for a ticket!

The bad bit was bean seemed to have decided to move its little self right on top of what I think is my bladder, meaning it felt like there was a rather heavy bowling ball sat on top of my bladder. By the end of Saturday I could barely (god baby brain has definitely set in! I just spent a good 5 minutes staring at that word wondering why my iPhone was telling me it was spelt wrong before realising I'd spelt it bearly. Duh.) straighten up, it was so uncomfortable. Thankfully bean seemed to really enjoy listening to Jonathan Ross and squirmed its way into a much more cosy position by 11pm.

My new Internet fellow preggo friend reassures me bean will repeatedly do this. Not looking forward to it! It wasn't pleasant!

Comments

Popular Posts