Woohoo I passed my Mandarin exam!

Hooray! My exam results came through today and I passed! Grade 3 (OCR grades are backwards! Grade 1 is a pass, grade 3 is the highest grade I think).

I have to admit I cried when my teacher told me she wasn't continuing teaching the course at college in September (aftrwards in the car, not in class, which baffled my boyfriend no end), and my head threw a strop "humph! I don't WANT to go to class if Peggy isn't teaching!", but then my rational side said you just spent a year learning, don't be an idiot... so I'm definitely continuing in September (even though I have to jump to level 3 as there's no level 2 *gulp*).

So, now what... well I have to practice til September (just in case I forget it all!) so I found some great resources to help keep my reading up to speed!

  • Mandarin segments blog: a great blog about learning to speak Mandarin, full of useful tidbits.
  • Practice Chinese blog: Blog posts to aide Mandarin learners, written by Chinese teachers.
  • Laowai Chinese blog: Tips and learning strategies from a Chinese learner.
  • Nciku: One of the best Chinese dictionaries and resource of Chinese phrases and conversations.

Comments

Popular Posts