Project bunny phase 1


Every now and then I get the urge to express my creativity and make something... be it a book, my photography, a website... and since I started decorating my flat and went down the Cath Kidson/Laura Ashley route in our guest bedroom, I've been dying to accessorise my currently non existant White wrought iron day bed with some cute patch work toys. The shops are full of hand made patchwork owls, but at £15 a pop, I couldn't bring myself to buy one... so I decided to make one myself instead. After hunting for a suitable pattern, my rather simple patchwork owl has now evolved into a rather more complicated patchwork bunny rabbit, complete with floppy ears (pattern courtesy of www.bearycheap.com). So today I ventured into town and roamed the haberdashery aisles of John Lewis, oohing and aahing at various cross-stitch kits (my old favourite pass time... god I sound like a proper granny!) and sparkly sequins and buttons... much to my boyfriends boredom and bafflement. I ended up spending £15 on stuffing, buttons and pins (it would have been cheaper to buy the stupid stuffed owl!) but am now itching to start hacking away at the pile of fabric which I bought on eBay!

I unfortunately have a horrible habit of starting things and not finishing, so am determined to complete the poor flopsy bunny... we shall see how bunny-like the finished article is!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

PlumLeaf 李葉 said…
lol! So like me! I would be the same! Can't bring yourself to part with money for something you feel is:
1) over-priced for what it is - even if it's cute
2) you could make your own and it'd be nicer and you'll get satisfaction from knowing you made it from your own fair hands

You spend more money on buying materials (but then that's 'cos there's enough to make more than one). Start marking up/cutting up pieces - and it lays crumpled in a plastic bag for months as you lost enthusiasm to finish it. Should've just bought it in first place.

lol

Popular Posts