Reason no 101 why I love my iphone...

Yes, you read it right, I know, I went on and on about my Apple hatred, but I'm converted. I recently posted about all the useful and amazing apps I've found to aide my Mandarin, but today I found another even more useful and rather basic helping hand... pinyin and Chinese character input for text messaging!! I had the function disabled until this morning, but I can now either type out a text message in pinyin and the phone gives me a list of possible chinese characters I'm looking for, OR I can hand write the character with my finger directly onto the touch screen.


Ok, so I won't be winning the Pulitzer prize, but it's definitely helping improve my recognition of Chinese charcters! Eat THAT Nokia! My 5800 wouldn't even display Chinese, instead providing me with a useless list of little boxes, never mind let me input pinyin! Never thought I'd say it, but I've been sucked in... don't think I'll ever go back now... iphone shi hen hao!!

(to switch on the Chinese keyboards on your iPhone go to settings -> general -> keyboard -> international keyboards-> choose Chinese simplified or Chinese traditional -> choose handwriting or pinyin.)

Comments

Popular Posts