Pleeeeease sleep munchkin!

My greedy munchkin has recovered the weight she lost after birth and is already surpassed her birth weight! All the expressing and feeding every 2-3 hours has done the trick! Pat on the back me I think! On the other hand, mummy has lost over a stone already. Only another stone and 12lbs to go til I'm back to my Pre-pregnancy weight! Not sure if that's the pumping or exhaustion to blame!

Su Yin has been so unsettled the past two days, crying a lot and not sleeping for long stretches. She seems to be waking every hour and a half to two hours, which means mummy and daddy are getting no time to nap! We're knackered! I've turned into a breast pumping milk making zombie, expressing milk every 3 hours and spending the rest of the time trying to settle her, trying to grab 5 minutes to eat and continuously washing and sterilising bottles and pump parts. Daddy has been great feeding and changing her too and is so tired and grumpy. My hands have gotten so dry from all the constant hand washing that my skin has cracked! Boohoo! I'm getting better at minimising time spent faffing around though. I've gone from sterilising everything in Milton (which smelt like bleach and was ruining my skin and leaving a nasty chalky residue on everything which I'm sure isn't healthy) to using an electric steriliser (which was quicker but cumbersome to keep emptying) to using a microwave steriliser (which just needs zapping for 4 minutes and we're done!).

All my efforts as a dairy cow are paying off too! I'm now managing to pump around 80-100mls at a time (which the midwife told me was fantastic as some Mums only manage 10-15mls) and have a nice backup store of milk in the fridge. In fact it's going so well I may need to buy freezer bags and start freezing some as I'm running out of milk storage cups for the fridge!

Now I'm wondering if I should tempt fate and try to cool dinner for the first time?! I can see her bawling as soon as I get raw chicken on my hands. Maybe I need to learn to just let her cry but it's soooo difficult! Takeaway then?! Ha!

Comments

Popular Posts