My new little muse!

Since I fell pregnant, photography has taken a back seat. My poor old Nikon has lain unused and gathering dust in my wardrobe whilst I recovered from foot surgery and then waddled around exhausted as baby bump grew and grew.

During pregnancy I gathered ideas for baby photos, scouring pinterest and pinning anything I thought would be fun to photograph with my new munchkin. Friends scoffed, "you won't have time to take photos when she arrives!" but I was determined to make the most of my photography skills and capture my little monkey before she grew and changed and the opportunity had passed.

Ok, so I admit, finding time and opportunity to photograph a newborn between feeding, expressing, sterilising, eating, napping and looking after myself, is difficult to say the least! My first attempt at a proper set up shoot failed miserably as munchkin rolled around all over the place and then after snapping two shots, peed all over the blanket (thank god I had the forethought to place a waterproof sheet under it to protect the sofa!). I'll have to reattempt that one so I have a decent photo of her with the dragon outfit mum crocheted for her!

But in the mean time, I sacrificed a few hours sleep time whilst munchkin was asleep to create the first of her monthly photos! I'm going to try super hard to remember to take one of these a month and put them in a baby book! Quite proud I managed to create this photo! The first of many :)

Comments

Popular Posts