My first studio photoshoot... weekend

Yes, this weekend, I embark on a new journey in my photography. I have bitten the bullet and hired a photo studio, not just for one day, but two, to take some portrait/makeover beauty shots! EeK!

A makeup artist friend approached me asking if I'd be interested in working together to create a portfolio of shots for both of us, on my birthday, in a club, after several glasses of champagne, wine, gin and tonics, some B52's and possibly an absinthe (I forget what else I drank, unsurprisingly). In my half anebriated state, emboldened by the copious amounts of alcohol, I gushed at what a fabulous opportunity it was, as I'd toyed with the idea of moving from photographing sushi and vietnamese noodle dishes onto real, moving, posable human beings.

Fast forward 3 months, and the shoot day is looming and I'm praying all goes well. I've roped some colleagues into coming to the studio the day before for a test run, promising them some fab photos for them to keep, so that I can play around with the lighting and equipment. Nervous is an understatment. Half of me is DYING to get into the studio and start playing, trying out different angles, lenses, lighting techniques and so on (we're even bringing a mini trampoline for some fun bouncy shots). The other half of me (the neurotic worrier who stresses about the little things, like the shots coming out crap and being chased down the road by an angry mob of Jimmy Choo tottering unsatisfied models with pitch forks) has been having nightmares for the past month, churning through different effects to use and where to place the lamps and reflectors.

Anyway, as an avid blogger-er (new word, yes, an Erinism, also another new word... I'm on a roll ltoday), obviously I shall blog my journey into the unknown, with some useful dos and don'ts (I'm praying there'll be more dos and less don'ts), and hopefully some fantastic portraits for my photography portfolio. Wish me luck people.

Comments

Popular Posts