Grand Prix at Silverstone!


What a busy weekend! Yesterday I drove from Hammersmith to my place, forgot the Tour de France was on, detoured round Knightsbridge to Battersea, got a bit confused, ended up in Clapham Junction and managed to add on another hour to my journey... then got the tube to Bond Street to go to Primark and tripped up the escalators and have a huge bruise on my hip... then went for Dim Sum at JKL with a friend, then went back home, got car, drove to Bromley, then to Popo's, then home again and spent the rest of the evening packing!

Today was much better... had to get up really early and got a tube to work. Met everyone outside and we were driven in a really nice 7 seater Chrysler Voyager to Silverstone. We had DVDs, free beer, coke etc, crisps, nuts in the car and all got McDonald's for brekkie! We met the guys from the mailing house who were taking us out as a Corporate thing through work outside Silverstone and we went to find our seats. We all got Maclaren T-shirts and the weather was brilliant! I am SO burnt now though... didn't count on the weather being so good and have really bad tan/burn lines across my shoulders and back! The race was over quite quickly and although the cars picked us up at half 4-ish I didn't get home until 9ish because of the traffic on the way home. We were all cheering Lewis Hamilton on but Ferrari won in the end... was a fun day though, even though Ali kept on trying to wind me up and tried taking photos of me asleep in the car (yes Ali, I mentioned you as promised, you have your moment of fame!). Got some good photos though it was hard to get them in focus as the cars zoomed by so quickly! Am very tired now though and just want to sleep! Btw click here for a video of how noisy it was at the circuit!

Comments

Popular Posts