Dragon boats, bombs and smoke

What an eventful week or so... last week there were bombs in London. One was found outside Tiger Tiger, another in a towed car in a car park in Hyde Park Corner, and on Sunday a jeep was driven into the terminal building in Glasgow airport. Luckily no one was hurt. It didn't cause as much chaos as I'd thought it would, but I suppose part of that is that people are, not getting used to, but becoming quicker to respond to bomb threats. It also meant I missed my cousin's 30th birthday at Rex because the roads were closed off at Hyde Park and traffic was a nightmare!

Saturday me and my boyf went looking for flats round Croydon for him and walked around the town centre, which I haven't been to in 10 years. It hasn't changed at all apart from the crystal department I used to work in in Allders being a shoe department now!

Sunday we went to watch the dragon boat racing in Beckton in front of Yi Ban. Lucikly the sun was out for some of it and it didn't rain. I got some really good shots and managed to capture one of the boats capsizing as well! Will upload the pics sometime tonight.

This week I'm just counting the days to my holiday in Rome... but apart from looking forward to that, I'm going for dinner at The Farm, going to the cinema to watch the new Die Hard 4.0 film, going dim sum on Saturday and possibly Silverstone on Sunday! Hopefully will get some amazing photos there... if I can catch the cars as they zoom past!!

Comments

Popular Posts