Yodel - the courier company from hell?

Being in marketing, I appreciate a good marketing idea when I see one. When our estate agents offered us a free "home move box" to be delivered to us when we moved into our new house, I spotted the trappings straight away. The box would contain essentials for a new house... milk, tea bags, juice, teacup, kitchen roll etc... but of course that would be at a price. The cost of which would undoubtedly be sacrificing your contact details for sale to all the suppliers of goods in the box so they can market to you. Nevertheless, I'm a sucker for a freebie so I said yes!

Fast forward last night and we get home to find a card from courier delivery company Yodel saying our package had been left over the fence in our garden. Odd. Hubs goes through the side hate to get our package and gets very pissed off when he realises whatever was inside is now broken and leaking. The penny drops when we're forced to open it on the front path (it couldn't be brought into the house as liquid was pouring out of the box!) and discover a broken smashed carton of grape juice, two sets of soggy now purple sodden kitchen roll, wet tea bags and a load of floppy flyers. Surely a delivery person would realise that lobbing a package which they have no knowledge of its contents over a 6 foot fence MIGHT break the contents?! Needless to say, I was angry and hubs was livid as he had to spend 20 minutes cleaning up the purple sticky mess all over the front path. 

I think if I ever see that a retailer is using Yodel as delivery service, I may think twice about ordering from them!

Comments

Popular Posts