20 peas!! Best photo of the year!


Yes, that is a photo of a bowl of left over pea shells. Or whatever you call them. That's the remains of munchkin's dinner! I never thought a pile of vegetable left overs would fill me with SO MUCH JOY. SO much so that I had to photograph the momentous occasion. Only a mummy with a child with food aversion and feeding issues would understand the significance this photo holds. Today she ate SO much. Ok not much by a "normal" 16 month old toddler's standards, but for her it was masses. Today she ate: 2 tbsp of porridge, plus nibbled (and swallowed) some wholemeal toast with sunflower spread. Not sure how much ho fun noodles at lunch (she was eating out my bowl) but a fair bit, and a tiny bit of spinach (she's never had that before) plus a tiny bit of pork mince from a won ton and dinner 20 peas (has to de-husk them or whatever you call it as she doesn't like the shell) and 3-4 chips… and then she yammed down about 4 teaspoons of chocolate coconut ice cream (dairy and soya free)!!!
Ok you could argue that's not the healthiest of meals in the world… chips and ice cream. To those mums who tut and shake their heads I say screw you! Seriously before I was a mum I was full of "oh I'm no letting my child watch TV while they eat, no junk no crisps blah blah". Seriously, when you have a child you've been trying to wean for 11 months with no success AT ALL, you'll do anything if it gets them to eat. 

So what's caused the big change. Well, I owe it all to my mum. She took munchkin to a homeopath, and from the first treatment, she changed. It wasn't immediate, but a week or two after taking the homeopathic medicine, she started swallowing food instead of spitting it out. We couldn't believe it! The amazing thing is, the treatment was to amend her behaviour and not her appetite! But it's worked. I've envied all the mums on the reflux Facebook group I belong to, who say "there's light at the end of the tunnel… it WILL get better… my child's started eating". I never thought I'd be one of those people. But YAY I can finally say those words too! Ok so she's not eating massive amounts and there's a long way to go, but to repeat a cliché… there IS light at the end of the tunnel!

Comments

Popular Posts